Banana and Chocolate Chip Loaf05.11.2018
This delicious take on banana bread will satisfy all members of the household. Recipe courtesy of Dr Oetker.
This recipe works best with ripe bananas.
- Banana x 1 (medium-sized, peeled and mashed)
- Medium Egg x 1 (beaten)
- 5 ml Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract (1tsp)
- 75 ml Buttermilk (6 tbsp)
- 50 g Butter (2oz)
- 150 g Plain Flour (5oz)
- 1 Dr. Oetker Bicarbonate of Soda Sachet x 1
- 75 g Light Brown Sugar (3oz)
- 100 g Dr. Oetker Milk Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (150°C Fan, Gas Mark 3). Grease and line a 450g (1lb) loaf tin. In a bowl, mix together the banana, egg, Vanilla, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Sift the flour and Bicarbonate of Soda on top and add the sugar and Chocolate Chunks. Mix together well and then pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes until risen, golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then turn on to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap and store for 24 hours before serving.
- To decorate, break the Chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water to melt. Drizzle the melted Chocolate over the loaf using a teaspoon, or a small piping bag, then leave for a few minutes to set before slicing to serve.